|1. The competition is open to all artists, and prizes will be awarded in the following divisions; Oil/Alkyd, Watercolour, Acrylic, Pastel, Gouache, Other/Mixed Media, and Monochrome. All artists will automatically be entered for the Joyce Chaffin Memorial Award, and Artists of the appropriate age for the Seniors' Prize and the Youth Prize in addition to the appropriate media division.
2. The subject of each painting must include wildlife. Domestic or farm animals will not be considered as wildlife for the purposes of the competition.
3. Commercial prints are NOT eligible. The competition does NOT extend to sculpture or other three dimensional work.
4. No artist may submit more than 3 works.
5. Image size must not exceed 20" x 16".
6. Entries must be submitted UNFRAMED, UNMOUNTED & UNGLAZED. Canvases must be submitted on stretchers. Canvas boards are also acceptable. Pastels should be protected by a sheet of grease-proof paper.
7. All entries must be sent by post or carrier to arrive by Tuesday 4th May 1999, or may be delivered by hand between 11.00am and 6.00pm on Saturday 1st May 1999.
8. Entries should be addressed/delivered to; "P.A.W.S.", 10 Nascot Wood Road, Watford, Herts WD1 3RS. and must be accompanied by a properly completed entry form. (Photocopies of the entry form are acceptable).
9. The entry fee of £8 FOR THE FIRST PAINTING SUBMITTED and £5 for each additional painting must be paid at the time of entry. (PAWS Club Members enter free of charge).
10. Winners will be notified by post. The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Paintings will be returned by ordinary post, unless clearly marked on the entry form that the artists wish to collect them. (See note about Special Delivery parcels below). Arrangements for personal collection will be advised at a later date.
12. Whilst reasonable care will be taken, the organisers take no responsibility for any loss of or damage to any pictures submitted, either whilst in their possession or when in transit. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ENTRIES CANNOT BE ACCEPTED BEFORE MONDAY 12th APRIL and THE PAWS ADMINISTRATION OFFICE WILL NOT BE FULLY STAFFED UNTIL 30th APRIL
PERSONAL HAND-IN SATURDAY 1st MAY ONLY PLEASE
Closing date for postal entries is 4th May
USE OF SPECIALDELIVERY MAIL Of the many hundreds of parcels we send and receive, only a tiny number are damaged or mislaid. Whilst we have a good record in this area, it is no consolation to the artists whose work is affected. Most PAWS entries are returned by ordinary post and no compensation at all is payable for loss or damage. If you want us to use the Royal Mail's SPECIAL DELIVERY service when returning your picture/s indicate this on the entry form and add an additional £5 to your entry fee. This is the cost to us of postal charges and administration over and above the costs already included in the entry fees. (Compensation is up to £250. Note that proof of costs of repair/replacement would still be required in the event of loss or damage, and that the one fee will cover the parcel containing all your entries together).
We will be pleased to register your return parcel for you - but regret that unless the form and extra fee is provided we are not able to cope with the additional administration, or cover the cost of registration.PLEASE BE PATIENT. JUDGING WILL NOT BE COMPLETED UNTIL THE END OF MAY. Unsuccessful work will be returned by June 12th and finalist's work by the end of July. We take great care of your work. To ensure careful handling, we cannot promise earlier return
To contact PAWS:-
Telephone:- +44 (0)1923 225618
These pages are optimized for use with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0